The Psitteuteles genus includes three species native to Timor and Wetar in Lesser Sundas, Australia and New Guinea:
- Goldie's Lorikeet is fairly common in aviculture.
- Iris Lorikeet is rare in aviculture. According to [IUCN] it is Near Threatened due to a small population that is sensitive to trapping and habitat loss.
- Varied Lorikeet is generally not found outside of Australia and also rare among Australian breeders.
They are medium sized parrots with a length of about 19-20 cm.
Species & Subspecies
- Psitteuteles goldiei (Sharpe, 1882) - Goldie's Lorikeet
- Psitteuteles iris (Temminck, 1835) - Iris Lorikeet
- Psitteuteles iris iris (Temminck, 1835)
- Psitteuteles iris wetterensis (Hellmayr, 1912)
- Psitteuteles versicolor (Lear, 1831) - Varied Lorikeet