Please notice that this parrot dictionary is free to use and the ads you see provide some funding for keeping this website alive (although the administrator provides most of the funding personally). By allowing this website to use these 3rd party cookies you indirectly aid in funding this website and keeping it free to use for all! 🙂
You do not need to create an account to use this parrot encyclopedia - you can it completely anonymously. However, if you write a comment on a page, you must provide your name and email.
We do respect your privacy, so please feel free to provide an anonymous username instead of your real name - also you may enter a fake/anonymous email instead of your real email if you prefer. As long as your comment or question is deemed legit by our comment moderator and your username is not offensive in any way, your comment will be approved and made public even though you obviously provided a fake or anonymous name 🙂
Alternatively, feel free to contact the site administrator Lars Bodin directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org instead if you prefer not using a public comment.
Please notice that when using the comment system, your comment, name/username, email and IP address will be stored in the comment database until deleted by the administrator.
- Your name/username will be displayed publicly with the comment (after being approved by the administrator).
- Your email is only visible to the administrator of this web site and only used in case the administrator deem it is more appropriate to contact you directly instead of writing a public response to your question/comment. Your email will never be forwarded to any 3rd party.
- Your IP address is stored in order to be able to filter out spam from certain locations. Your IP address is only used internally by the system and is only visible to the administrator and will not be provided to 3rd party. We do NOT use your IP address for any other purpose than to avoid spam.
By using the comment system, you consent to:
- Your name / username will be displayed publicly in connection with the comment / question.
- Your name / username, email and IP address may be stored in a database used by this website for handling comments.
- The administrator may contact you directly on the email provided, if your comment or question has a character that makes it most appropriate for a direct contact (e.g. in case of acute illness or a lost bird).
If you wish to delete your comment please contact the administrator either by posting a new comment where you describe which comment(s) you want to be deleted, or by writing an email to the administrator at email@example.com.
In most cases the administrator may choose to update the main article based on your comment, and will then delete the comment including your name, email and IP address.
This project is only possible thanks to the many contributions I have received from YOU! I appreciate being able to use your photos and personal observations regarding different species.
If you provide photos to be used in this encyclopedia, they will be tagged with your name. Also your name will be listed in the photo credits including a link to either your website or Instagram account if provided.
However, if you prefer to stay anonymous I will of course respect that!
I will always ask you what to write in the photo credits before publishing your photos - and you are always welcome to contact me if you want me to change anything.