The Psilopsiagon genus includes two small (18-20 cm) parakeet species native to South America.
The Mountain Parakeet has several subspecies native to different areas in Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina.
The Grey-hooded Parakeet is native to the Andes from Bolivia to the north-western Argentina and northern Chile.
Species & Subspecies
- Psilopsiagon aurifrons (Lesson, R, 1831) Mountain Parakeet
- Psilopsiagon aurifrons aurifrons (Lesson, R, 1831)
- Psilopsiagon aurifrons margaritae (Berlioz & Dorst, 1956)
- Psilopsiagon aurifrons robertsi (Carriker, 1933)
- Psilopsiagon aurifrons rubrirostris (Burmeister, 1860)
- Psilopsiagon aymara (d'Orbigny, 1839) Grey-hooded Parakeet